Tastes to Tickle the Tongue, Open Tag
Paul Harris
 Posted: Jan 31, 2017 | 10:25 pm

Kay

4 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

It might be a bit cold, but Paul wanted ice cream. Frankly, it was not something he got too often. In fact, since he had arrived here, Paul had only visited the sweet shop a handful of times. There had been very little time to treat himself to ice cream. However, things were relatively calm right now. It was almost too calm and that worried him. Something bad surely would happen. It seemed like in this town, when nothing was happening, that was always a red flag. He hoped his gut was wrong. He needed it to be wrong so that he could get used to all the things that had happened as of late.

The bell overhead rang as he entered the shop. It rang again as the door closed. The air was chilly and crisp so he pulled his red leather jacket closer to his body. Maybe getting ice cream on such a cool day was a bad idea. However, it was not like he could just up and leave the store. That would be silly and rude. Paul was a lot of things, but being rude of absolutely no good reason was not his forte. Besides, Paul really wanted ice cream. He did not treat himself too often. He did not have a lot of time for treats or relaxations. His job kept him busy. Not today. Today he could actually take a lunch break.

He usually got the chocolate cherry or vanilla cherry, but this time Paul wanted something different. Coming up to the counter, the dark-haired man stopped and stared at the fifty-something choices. How did the owner make all of those flavors? There were only a few people who ran the place. Did the owner ever sleep? It didn’t seem like it. It didn’t matter. He decided that really wanted something less fruity. The chocolate, caramel, peanut butter swirl looked particularly appealing, but so did the birthday cake flavor with all the multi-colored flecks in it. Maybe he could get both. His stomach growled at the thought of biting into a mouthful of that.

He leaned forward and tapped her fingers on the cool glass as he reached the font of the line. His back was a little achy from all the work. This position alleviated the discomfort considerably. Plus, it allowed for more gazing at the beautiful ice creams. He straightened up and cracked his neck before rapping on the little bell on the counter. “Hello? Anyone here?” he called, peering into the back of the shop. The bell also dinged overhead, but he did not turn to see who it was. He wasn’t sure he felt like talking to anyone right this second (well not counting the shop owner). Of course he would talk to the shop owner. Of course, if the next customer spoke, he would reply. He was not a rude man at all. Right now he was just a tired man on his break and he really, really wanted ice cream.
PM
^
Marina Moore
 Posted: Jan 31, 2017 | 11:23 pm

Merry

649 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Ice cream sounded fantastic on a day like this. It had been non existant growing up but after she’d married Trenton she’d had the joy of experiencing it with him. It had been one of their early outtings and it had been one of the times she’d actually let go of her shy reservations to enjoy the sweet treat. She could still remember the taste of the vanilla and how it reminded her of sunshine and joy. That had been such a happy time that she figured that it would be alright to bring home a pint of the lovely sweet that they could enjoy. Maybe she’d have a bowl of it before she headed home from her errands.

With this in mind, she made her way through the door of the ice cream shoppe. The tinkling of the bell announced her entrance and she moved to take her place in the Queue as was right and proper. A young gentleman was ahead of her as luck would have it and she smiled good naturedly at the young man in front of her, “Hello.” She said in her soft Scottish burr. Glancing at the menu her eyes grew wide. It seemed like ice cream was ever evolving. Frozen yogurt verses gelato verses slow churned. Who knew there were so many different textures for the frozen treat? Add to that the sheer number of flavors and she was slightly overwhelmed.

All she wanted was vanilla. No fancy add-ons like jimmies or gummy whatevers (she secretly thought that gelatin in all its forms was as repulsive as Doritos) that people layered on their ice cream to mask the lovely solo flavor. The only thing she might consider was a light drizzle of fudge but even that seemed too sweet to her. Glancing about she murmured quietly, “How many different varieties of vanilla can they possibly have?” She felt like she was going to go into diabetic shock just looking at the toppings. Never in her life had it occurred to her that half of these things should go on ice cream. If one wanted peaches with their ice cream why didn’t they just make peach ice cream or strawberry ice cream?

She exhaled quietly and forced herself to focus on one thing. It seemed silly that ice cream could trigger her anxiety but it just looked like one big way to screw up a classic treat in her mind. She wasn’t even sure what Trenton would want on his ice cream. Smoothing her cobalt blue maxi dress she glanced about. Her hair was done in a four strand braid with sapphires and diamonds with blue and silver ribbons interwoven in it. She hoped that she didn’t look too odd here. This place seemed mostly empty at the moment. Glancing about she wondered where the staff were, “Is there anyone here?” she asked rhetorically. This silence unnerved her and she strained her ears in the hope of figuring out what had happened in this place. Had there been a delivery? She didn’t know.

user posted image

Tag;; Paul
Words;; 510
Outfit;;
Notes;; First thread!
Credit;; Alyss Rose:: Member of Blood Roses:: Team Vitae and Think of me from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Avatar by Jax Signature and post count badge by Tatia
PMEmailWebsite
^
Paul Harris
 Posted: Mar 4, 2017 | 11:13 pm

Kay

4 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

Paul wasn’t sure waiting for ice cream was the best idea. It was busy here. He was hungry, but he was tired. Should he leave or should he go? It depended on if anyone in the ice cream parlor would mind if he crawled up on top of a table and curled into a ball to fall into a nap. Paul wouldn’t do that; it wouldn’t be very professional of him. He wanted to. He really did. Thankfully the line moved a bit. Moving kept him awake. Maybe I should get a pint and take home so I don’t have to do this so often? he debated. If he did that he could go home after work and have some ice cream from his freezer instead of waiting in line for a scoop.

“Hey,” he greeted as the woman spoke to him. His ears perked up at the woman’s accent. It was beautiful. It was soft and lovely. It wasn’t one he heard too often. “How are you?” After he asked, he yawned without covering his mouth; it had come as a complete smile. That made him blush (even the tips of his ears turned red) “Sorry about that. I had a long shift and just got off, but ice cream called.” He chuckled a bit. Small talk was hard for him. He did not understand how to do it nor did he know if he was doing it properly. It did not help that he was tired. At least he tried being sociable.

When she asked about the types of vanilla ice cream, he shrugged. “I’m not really sure. But I understand why they make so many variations. Vanilla is a neutral flavor and goes with just about anything. With fruit it’s like having fruit and whipped cream. With chocolate or caramel it enhances the flavors,” he replied. “I’m going to go with chocolate with peanut butter swirl. I don’t really like chocolate on its own. It’s a bit too hard for my liking, but with something added it seems softer and creamier. Besides, peanut butter makes just about anything better unless you’re allergic to peanuts. I don’t think that would be the ice cream of choice then.” Paul felt like he was making a fool of himself. He really ought to shut up.

“So, uh, what flavor of vanilla are you getting? I like the vanilla bean. It’s a bit stronger, but it’s pretty good Are you going to take a whole pint home or just a scoop? I’m considering buying a whole pint,” he recommended. That was a safe comment. At least it seemed like a safe one to him. “Oh, I’m Paul by the way, Paul Harris. And I think so. I heard people in the back. The line keeps moving so that’s good. If you want, I could order for you and bring it to you? There’s a bunch of empty seats.” He did not know if that was the right offer, but it seemed nice and friendly. At least he hoped it was nice and friendly. What if that had made her upset or angry? That was not his intention at all.

Marina Moore
PM
^
Marina Moore
 Posted: Mar 17, 2017 | 9:04 pm

Merry

649 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

She was relieved that the line was moving, it gave her something to do and helped her nerves. Too many people bothered her but there was a good thing about it. It meant that no one would be hyper focused in her. Her steps were mostly silent as her blue slippered feet moved in the queue.  It was finally moving forward and that was good. She could see that the people had come out to deal with the build up since she’d entered.

“I’m well.” She said with a polite nod, “Looks like you need the ice cream tae wake ye up.” She chuckled softly not minding that he yawned as he spoke to her. “It's a rare treat fer me.” She admitted shyly as she watched those ahead of her claim their treats. It wouldn’t be long now. She was seeing ice cream smeared children walking over to a table and she couldn’t help but grin at the image.  It was good to see children happy and enjoying themselves.

She listened to what her conversationalist said, “Chocolate and peanut butter. I have to say that it took me a while tae get used to.” She chuckled softly She said warmly as she pivoted her body to speak with him. “I shall have to take yer suggestion into account.”

Glancing up at the listing she debated his words, “I like the flavor by itself.” She chuckled, “If I want strawberries I’ll pick them from my garden or use them in Strawberry shortcake.” Nowadays it was possible to get fruit at any time during the year whereas before you had to wait until strawberries were in season. She could remember even going to a strawberry festival a very long time ago.  It had been a lovely event and it was one of the few happy moments that she could remember. “Vanilla bean sounds lovely. I shall get that.” She nodded happily. “I’m going to be taking home a pint for my husband.” She beamed and her cheeks pinked slightly with happiness.

When he offered to purchase the ice cream she beamed and nodded, and then offered her hand to shake, “I’m Marina Moore. It’s a pleasure to meet ye, Paul. And your idea sounds lovely.” She glanced over at the tables and then pulled out enough cash for her dessert, “A medium vanilla bean ice cream and a cup of coffee. This should cover it.” She said as she passed him the proper amount. She wasn’t so rude as to expect a stranger to pay for her. “I’ll save us a seat.” She said simply as she moved over to one of the comfortable tables.

Trenton had told her she needed to trust people more and so this was her way of trying to do just that. Paul seemed to be genuinely sincere and he was handsome in a rugged sort of way that put her at ease. Plus there was one thing that he had going for him that many people didn’t.

He was human and therefore probably less of a threat to her. 

user posted image

Tag;; Paul
Words;; 510
Outfit;;
Notes;; First thread!
Credit;; Alyss Rose:: Member of Blood Roses:: Team Vitae and Think of me from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Avatar by Jax Signature and post count badge by Tatia
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The French Quarter | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates & Sister Sites

SCROLLING AFFILIATES
SUPERNATURAL Disposable Heroes On The Road The Interference: Multiverse Oakheart OHaV City of Zootopia
X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG] X-Men/Avengers Roleplay morethanstories Blackmoon City

DIRECTORIES & RESOURCE SITES
Shadowplay RPG-D RPG Initiative a resource community

TEAM VITAE
MARVEL: Lost Horizons RPG City of Light: The 100 RPG

STATIC AFFILIATES

Once Upon a Dream Swords of Speirling

A&D\ Where do we go from here? Yalanze Chronicles

Touch The Sky