Weeds and Wounds, Sam
Calene Morrish
 Posted: Jul 3, 2016 | 7:52 pm

Jamey

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

As the sun crept in through her bedroom window bringing on the new day, with a grunt and a stretch Calene got out of bed running a hand through her blonde locks. One more stretch.. she then decided she should do something productive after all she had a lot of work ahead of her. But first the most important meal of the day coffee, her one true love. Turning the tap on holding the pot underneath it to fill up her carafe there was nothing..no water..oh no this would not work for her. Frustrated she grabbed her toolbox and took apart the pipes under the sink, no clog which meant something wasn't working downstairs.. time to go to the dungeon. After about an hour of tearing pipes apart she found the culprit a leaky pipe which had cracked and caused some leakage on the floor. "it's a great house Callie...perfect condition my left tit" she then mopped up the mess and repaired the pipe. Heading back upstairs she turned the tap on to her enjoyment, the water poured freely.

Reaching into the cupboard she grabbed the can of coffee, smelling the delicious scent of the grinds before scooping it into the filter and hitting the on button. Now the day had officially begun. Grabbing an apple from the table, she took a bite then started reading one of Bobbys books. The guy who lived here before her in Garths words who deserved the utmost respect. He would get it in the form of her bringing this place back to life. The guy deserved that much after all. Who would leave it like this? The scent of the brewing grounds teased her senses to which she would not ignore, the caffeine was calling and she would answer. Heading back to her kitchen table, she continued to read. Todays book was on werewolves. This was the Scandinavian accounts of them which she found fascinating.

After she was three cups in she decided it was time to tackle the yard, it needed a lot of tlc and she would provide it after all this was her home now. Grabbing the lawnmower she started on the grass, why didn't the guy have a damn ride on mower? Oh well a little cardio never hurt anyone. She dragged the machine out of the shop behind her, along with the gas powered weed trimmer, rake and other various tools she would need to make this place semi liveable. She started off on trimming the grass around the house with the mower, then on to the weed trimmer. Working around the more delicate edges of the house, she had been under the deck hand weeding what the machine couldn't reach when she heard the rumble of an engine approaching. She slid out from under the deck to the sight of a gorgeous black Impala, 67 in excellent shape. Chrome detailing on the sides. Nice car. Her curiousity was peaked. When the car slowed to park she said. "Can I help you?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Samuel Winchester
 Posted: Oct 24, 2016 | 11:31 am

Jax

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see.
I sought my God, but my God eluded me.
I sought my brother and I found all three.
They had been driving for hours, with Sam being the only one who took the wheel. He insisted on it. With everything that Dean had been going through, in his weakened state, the last thing that Sam wanted was Dean put in charge of two tons of metal being propelled forward by controlled explosions. Dean needed food and sleep and more medical help than what Sam could offer him at that exact moment. Well, to be honest, neither of them really knew the full extent of Dean’s wound, physical or otherwise, so Sam drove while Dean rested.

Sam did feel a little guilty. While the ’67 Impala had played home to both of them for their lives, it was really Dean’s baby. Sam was worried that not allowing Dean to jump behind the wheel was keeping that normalcy away from his brother. To be honest, all that Sam wanted right now was to be curled up in the passenger’s seat, dozing on a long car ride through sunny streets while Dean drummed his hands in time on the steering wheel to whatever classic rock song was wailing from the speakers. Instead, Sam drove non-stop the entire way. 20 hours, and all that Sam stopped for was gas for the tank and food for him and his brother. And coffee. There was so much coffee.

In the silence of the long drive, Sam’s mind wandered. Guilt. That was all he could feel. His thoughts looked in on his memories and his failures. He had failed Katherine, and now she was lost to him… lost to the world. There had been no goodbye. The last time he had seen here was when they left her in that apartment. She was wrapped up in a towel, ready to fill the large tub with relaxing water. She had already stolen one of his flannels for the night, teasing that she was going to need something to keep her warm while he was away. He had kissed her. He had told her they were going to be back soon. Said he loved her. And that was it. He supposed he was being greedy, asking for more than that. He at least had gotten the chance to say he loved her before he left… But it hadn’t saved her from Hell.

He kept it too himself. No sense in waking Dean over something like this. The torture that his brother must have endured… Sam wondered if Dean had ever wanted to give up. Sam hadn’t even known about the skinwalker. He hadn’t even noticed until those last few weeks that the creature that he had been talking to and planning with wasn’t even his brother. He had been so tied up in saving Katherine, a task that ended up being futile anyway, that he didn’t notice when his brother changed on him. He could feel the dread creeping in, and with it often came the feeling that he wasn’t alone. While his brother slept, Sam was certain that he could see The Fallen Angel, those visions of Lucifer, sitting in the passenger’s seat. Smiling.

The last ten miles were probably the hardest. He didn’t know what he was going to say to Bobby. He hadn’t brought him in on the search for Katherine at first because he didn’t know how to tell him he was dating a rather notorious vampire, and by the time it would have been time to bring him in on it, it was already too late. Explaining Dean’s injuries would be easy enough, but explaining why they had disappeared off the contact list for nearly a year would not be. Bobby as much of a father to them as their actual father had been, maybe even more so. Rarely did Sam ever truly fear the wrath of John Winchester, but Bobby Singer…. Now he scared Sam…

Pulling into the salvage lot, he immediately started to look for Bobby, but quickly got the sense that something was… different. Driving through the piles of auto junk, he couldn’t quite figure out how things looked out of place, but they just did. He made his way to the main building that served as home to Bobby, and stopped the car a little shorter than he would have if he had seen the person he was expecting. Eyeing the backseat for a moment, he made sure that Dean was asleep and under the blanket that he had gotten from the trunk. There was somewhere here. Someone he had never met before, and Dean was more than likely not in any position to fight if he needed to. It was better for him to sleep soundly until the last possible moment.

Sam was unarmed as he got out of the Impala. The weapons he had been keeping in the trunk, like usual, but it something happened that was immediate, he would not have time to get back there and grab something. If this was a foe instead of a friend, their only option would be for Sam to get back into the Impala, and fly them out of here like a bat out of Hell. He kept the keys in the ignition as he stepped out. The young woman was holding tools meant for trimming and landscaping… not something that Bobby had ever been too big on. Maybe the city was finally coming down on him for the way he maintained the yard and he hired someone to do it for him. That didn’t seem like Bobby, though. Bobby was paranoid. He didn’t like strangers or new people. Sam also waited to see if he could hear any barking in case Bobby had a canine friend who had moved in since they were last here. Nothing… Just the woman with the yard tools, looking at him, asking if she could help him…

He kept a polite distance, staying only a few steps away from the Impala, just in case. He put his hands in his pockets and spoke back at the woman, “Yeah, I’m looking for Bobby Singer. Is he here?” If she told him “no” then there were going to be quite a few follow up questions.

notes: FINALLY getting back into posting!
words: 1031 | tag: Caelene Morrish

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Calene Morrish
 Posted: Nov 7, 2016 | 3:15 pm

Jamey

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

<!-- Do I Know You?-->
Calene didnt know what to expect when the car came up, would the person coming out be another hunter needing some help? Or someone looking for something of Bobbys? If it was the latter they were going to have to go through her to get to any of his things. These gardening tools could really hurt if she wanted them to. Furrowing her brow as the door of the car opened, she didn't know who this guy was but judging by everything Garth had told her she assumed, but one could never be sure and she was fully aware of what was out there and knew that the eyes could easily be fooled.The man keeping his distance and rightfully so, she would do the same if she had been brought to a place she knew yet the person inside wasn't what you expected.He was tall, a bit of shaggy hair looked like he hadn't slept in a very long time, and looked like he needed help.

He asked for Bobby, and her heart sank a bit at the fact that she had no idea where he was, only that he gave this space to Garth and she bought it. She hadn't ruined anything of his, she thought it disrespectful to tarnish anything of the legends.She wished that she had the answer he needed, and felt bad considering the state he looked that she didn't know where he was. The least she could do was try and figure out who this guy was and what she could do to help him, even if it meant giving him a strong cup of coffee for the road ahead.What they guy really needed was a rest, a real one.

Those dark eyes, only looking at her for only a moment were brimming with sadness. She didn't know him from a whole in the ground but she wanted to reach out and give him a hug. There was far too much unkindness in this world. She had seen way more of that than she would have liked. Still, she could have had things much worse. Responding she set everything down on the cold ground, touched by last night's frost still and said, "I'm sorry Bobby's not here...hasn't been for a long time...I uh own the place now..may I ask who you are before I get into a conversation about who I am and you think I'm either crazy or just what you need to help you right now?"

Ok so that wasn't the best way to introduce yourself to someone, but Calene wasn't the smoothest when it came to first impressions, but she was a bit nervous around the newcomer. He looked guarded and that worried her a bit, would he assume that she was here because she hurt Bobby and took everything he owned when in fact she was doing everything she could to find him and bring his home back to it's former glory? Or was he someone who just wanted their car fixed? If it was the last one she could certainly help him, if it was the first then she would have a lot of explaining to do.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Samuel Winchester
 Posted: Nov 22, 2016 | 11:22 am

Jax

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

Sam did his best to hide that he was looking the woman over. He didn’t want her to notice that he was scrutinizing her, and she was already pretty guarded to start off with, but he needed to get a read on her. Usually, he was pretty good with people, but lately Sam had truly started to doubt his abilities of seeing the truth of the people before him. It still bothered him with how easy it had been for a skinwalker to impersonate his own brother for months, and that the only thing that tipped him off was that the skinwalker decided he didn’t want to hide anymore. So when it came time to meet new people, Sam was feel even less confident…  

He had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach as he looked at her. It wasn’t that weird sensation that he got whenever he was near a demon, and instinct he just always seemed to have even after his powers as a “special kid” left him. No, this was different… like hurricane storm clouds on the horizon. He didn’t move from standing by the Impala at all, but he did lean against it to make his lack of approach seem more natural. He also used his vantage to subtly, through the corner of his eye, check on his still sleeping brother. It was a brief glance, but it was enough to tell him that Dean was still resting. Good. The look was quick, once that he was pretty sure would go unnoticed, before he turned his full attention back to the woman standing in front of Bobby’s place.  

There was something off about her story. Why would Bobby just hand the place over to someone else? He would rather lock it up tight and hide the key if he had to abandon it, and he only would do that as a last resort. There were too many things here for Bobby to just leave behind, and surely if he had needed to do something so drastic he would have given the brothers a heads up. Maybe he did, though, Sam realized. Maybe Bobby had reached out to Skinwalker-Dean. Maybe this woman was telling the truth, and the all of the details have been given to a creature who would have just loved to cause the kind of chaos that came with this kind of misinformation.  

Code it was, then. “Bobby’s an old hunting buddy of mine,” he said, putting just enough emphasis on the word “hunting” for it to stand out in the sentence but not be weird on the ear. It was a tried and true method, really. Any other hunter would pick up on the phrasing. Being a hunter didn’t necessarily mean that they could trust each other right away. Sometimes, in fact, it had been hunters that caused some of their biggest headaches. It did mean, though, that they didn’t have to go hiding a huge part of their dialogue from each other. They could be open, at least about a few things, and maybe dropping the guarded hunter act would help them communicate. There was something else he needed to say, though. Another clue inside code.  

“I came by to pick up some supplies,” he said, keeping his posture relaxed even though all he wanted to do was remain tense and agitated. “You know? The basics. Maybe a few first aid kits…” And there it was. A hint that he had someone with him who needed medical help. Now they just needed to see if she picked up on it… and what exactly would come after that.

notes: FINALLY getting back into posting!
words: 607 | tag: Caelene Morrish

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Calene Morrish
 Posted: Jan 1, 2017 | 12:52 pm

Jamey

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

<!-- Do I Know You?-->
Calene wasn’t sure what to make of this guy, he seemed tense yet relaxed if that was even a thing. Rolling her shoulders back a bit in an attempt to try and relax herself, she looked over at the car and the guy standing next to it.He then glanced into the car, she pretended she didn’t notice. The two of them seemed to be at an impasse, until he said something that she hadn’t expected.That he was old hunting buddy of Bobby’s. It could mean they actually went hunting together or that he was just like her, a hunter. She didn’t know him in least but she would at least attempt to get more info out of the guy.She nodded when he mentioned the hunting buddy bit, then decided she had better say something and say it quick before this guys patience wore off.”He went on an extended trip a few years ago, hit some funkytown stuff and hasn’t been heard from since”.Hoping he would pick up on that, but just case he wouldn’t she was going to drop another one.

Tossing a hand through her golden locks, she huffed and spoke up again.What was that other word that Garth told her to use? She couldn’t remember, this sucks she was really stuck.Stuck! That was it something being stuck.. To her pants? No shoe! That was it, she wanted to jump in the air in a fit of triumph but held her composure as she spoke up once more. He asked her about supplies, med kits etc.”You got it, but before I go get that for ya I have to ask is something stuck to your shoe?”. She was asking him point blank in hunter code if he had been followed here. If he was a real hunter, and the one she thought it might be then he would no doubt pick up on this, so they could help one another out.

She waited patiently to see if the gorgeous lug was going to understand anything that was coming out of her mouth. To anyone else stumbling into this conversation, it would have sounded like she was either drunk or stoned. Both sounded alright but it wasn’t the time for that. If he needed help she would help him, if not then she would start back on her work. She wanted to tell him how she came about getting the place, who she was related to but there was no way in hell she was going to spill her story out to someone she didn’t trust. Hell he didn’t even have to like her, they just had to understand one another.Then maybe they could help one another out, if not then she would get rid of him one way or another but she could see it in his eyes, he was exhausted and she had extra rooms for a hunter to rest in, cold beer in the fridge and cupboards full of food.Whatever he needed, if he was a friend of Garth’s then she would trust him but how to bring that up subtly as well? She had to think, what could she say to prove she was his relative? Ah, here we go.”I know you don’t know me from a hole in the wall babe, I ain’t no tooth fairy but I can help you if you need it”.Come on hot stuff pick up the hint, Garth always brags about how he killed the tooth fairy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Samuel Winchester
 Posted: Jan 13, 2017 | 12:32 pm

Jax

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

One of Sam’s biggest pet peeves about Hunter lingo was that he never knew if he was wasting his time. Sending out signals that might not even be the same from hunter to hunter, and waiting to see if the other person caught on, was not the best way of communicating. While he tried to keep up the appearance of being casual, and maybe even a little bored, his mind tried to latch on to every word that the woman was saying, trying to hold on to any clue that would point him in the right direction. She hadn’t threatened him when she found out he a hunter, which relieved a bit when it came to safety. She was at least a non-demon. They had poor impulse control when it came to the “h” word coming up in conversation.

So, he started listening to her like a hunter speaking to another hunter. She was talking about Bobby like… he left? Not just that, though. He left and wasn’t coming back. There was no way that Bobby would just leave the junkyard and never return. Not without telling him or Dean. Not unless… The world felt slight off axis, like a car rolling down the highway short one wheel. He was happy to have already been leaning against the Impala, because if he wasn’t. he was certain that the weakness in his knees would get the better of him. They had been on the road for almost 24 hours straight, Sam taking it up the entire way. Exhaustion killed his mind and his body. He hadn’t known it at the time, but now he knew just how much he had needed it to be Bobby’s face that he saw at the end of this journey. No amount of acting could keep the color in his face.

He couldn’t play the game anymore. Dean was injured and could be getting worse, and now this truth/not-truth about Bobby made him want to throw caution to the wind. He was already hanging on to his wits when she mentioned something about tooth fairies, and he was just about at his limit. They were trying to communicate. It was not working. So fuck it.

“OK, look, I am just going to cut to the chase.” His words were not hostile or threatening. It was more like he was just… tired. “I’m Sam Winchester, and if you are a friend of Bobby’s then you have probably heard of me. Hell, if you’re an enemy you’ve probably heard of me. It’s been a long… couple of weeks. Just tell me straight. What happened to Bobby Singer?” He did not budge from the car. For all he knew, the reply from the strange woman was going to be “I skinned and ate him” so he was still in a safety grey area, but at least he would know.

The not knowing… the double speak… it was the worst… Even if he knew he would not like the answer, it was better than talking in circles all day.

>words: 509 | tag: Caelene Morrish

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Calene Morrish
 Posted: Feb 26, 2017 | 11:44 pm

Jamey

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

<!-- Do I Know You?-->
This was getting more frustrating by the second, it seemed that neither of them were reaching one another despite their best efforts. She ran a hand through her golden locks and lifted her hands at her sides showing him that she meant no harm in case he hadn't figured that out before.He then said his name confirming her suspicions, and she had to admit she was pleased. He then started talking about if she knew Bobby then she would know who he was and who was probably in the back seat of the car."Sorry to disappoint you Sam, but I never met Bobby.. listen Garth Fitzgerald hes my cousin.. he filled me in on everything and sold me the place everything is where Bobby left it"

She had to think about what he might know about Garth that only the two of them would know."He had to leave yesterday on account of the full moon coming out tomorrow night, if you really are Sam then you know why Garth had to leave with his wife".She meant of course that her beloved kooky cousin was a werewolf now and while he wanted to continue helping the hunters out there he could only do so much during moon cycles. That was why he taught her everything she needed to know so she could fill in during his absences. She was more than capable of taking care of herself, and wanted to help him.

"The way I see it, I'm all you got". Her southern accent coming through loud and clear, something her and her cousin had in common. That was pretty much the only thing however. She was more of a car junkie, while he was more of a performer. He was smart, he used to be a dentist. She was a mechanic a greasy monkey who preferred the company of a cold beer to that of being surrounded by lots of people like him."So let me help you Sam".She took a few steps closer to the car, keeping her hands high in the air.

She didn't know exactly what she could do to help him but she willing to, she could tell by his face that he had felt defeated whether it be by the road, by the job or by a strange twist of fate. She could see it in his eyes, something had hurt him and call it a motherly instinct or call it just being a good human being but she wanted to help as best she could whether it was offering a place to sleep, food or some medical help either way she was more than willing to help someone that Garth considered family.

She got close enough to face him proper and said,Let me help you Sam..if ya'll don't believe me call Garth right now go on.. I'll wait".She crossed one arm over the other and tapped her foot.

Samuel Winchester

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Samuel Winchester
 Posted: Mar 6, 2017 | 12:23 pm

Jax

16 Pages Turned

Group Icon

Awards:
N/A

He watched the woman across from him for a moment. He wanted to trust her, more than anything, really. He wanted to believe she was one of the good guys. He wanted to believe that he could trust someone based on their first meeting and his gut, but he just couldn’t. Not anymore. Anyone could be lying and faking, and the lies and fakes had gotten so good at it, that it was impossible to trust first instinct. So, it was with a touch of regret that he reached into his pocket, mourning the times when it was simpler than this, and pulled out his cell phone.

The conversation with Garth was quick. The wolf had bigger problems to deal with, but he was warm enough on the phone for Sam to believe that he hadn’t interrupted anything. It was early enough in the day that he was far from the effects of the rising moon. He might have woken him, Garth and whoever else he might run with these nights sleeping off the weariness the moon seemed to leave with them, but he didn’t seem put out. Just his usual, Garth-y self.

He hung up the phone, and turned back to Calene. His look had a “can you blame me?” plea to it. If she really was a hunter, she would get it. Garth had told him the same story she had told him. There was still a nagging factor to it, though, that Sam hated, and he had his finger on it immediately: Bobby. He looked down at his phone for a moment. The question had been on his tongue when he talked to Garth, but there was something so cheerful about his tone, and the voice in the back of Sam’s head told him that inquiring would destroy that tone… And Sam couldn’t bear to do that. There was already something… melancholy, though, about Calene. Maybe it was her nature… maybe it was the moment…

He found himself at an impasse. He looked at Dean in the back of the car, and knew that his questions would need to wait. He bit his lower lip. Get Dean inside. Get a look around. Then ask questions. Don’t open the door on another crisis when you are already dealing with one now… “It’s my brother, Dean…” If Garth had told her half the stories that he knew about them, no doubt she had heard about the Winchesters. Hell, it seemed like everyone knew about them these days. “He’s been hurt and starving for weeks. We can’t go to a hospital, but he needs more help than a burger and a nap can give him.”

He opened the rear car door, and shifted inside. He placed a hand on Dean’s shoulder, shaking him, checking to see if there was enough consciousness in his brain to at least get him to wake up. He could carry Dean dead weight, but it would take effort and it wouldn’t be pretty. “If Bobby still has his medical stash, I can get saline into him to help with the dehydration, get him a bed that isn’t the backseat of an Impala, and we can go from there.” Many of Dean’s wounds were too old for stitches, but he needed to get them clean. Might be a few more scars, but they were Winchesters: Scars came with the name.

“Can you help me move him?”

>words: 570 | tag: Caelene Morrish

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates & Sister Sites

SCROLLING AFFILIATES
SUPERNATURAL Disposable Heroes On The Road The Interference: Multiverse Oakheart OHaV City of Zootopia
X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG] X-Men/Avengers Roleplay morethanstories Blackmoon City
ANOTHER TALE TO TELL

DIRECTORIES & RESOURCE SITES
Shadowplay RPG-D RPG Initiative a resource community

TEAM VITAE
MARVEL: Lost Horizons RPG City of Light: The 100 RPG

STATIC AFFILIATES

Once Upon a Dream Swords of Speirling

A&D\ Where do we go from here? Yalanze Chronicles

Touch The Sky