Marina Moore
 Posted: Aug 14, 2016 | 12:58 am

player: Merry
665 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 4

user posted image

user posted image

She’d popped back to Mystic Falls to maintain their home. There might be a point where she and Trenton would want to get away from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans and Mari wanted to make sure that everything was in working order and the garden was well maintained. Yes they had a caretaker for the property and gardeners and cleaning services but that just wasn’t the same as walking through your own property and making sure everything was all right.

The body that Trent had disposed of from Rori’s last drunken escapade had long since turned to ash but Mari was still careful to make it look like they were just renovating the area and changing out the plants. Of course any vampire would know what it was but Mari hoped that none of the hunters would get wind of the situation.

She’d spent the majority of the time straightening the gardens up and it calmed her down tremendously. Being in this place alone put her on edge. There was this fear that her father might come back and haunt her. She knew such fears were silly and immature but when you spent your life afraid of someone it was hard to shake the control they had on you even when they weren’t around. Most of the time she did alright. She could focus on the good and making a home for her and Trenton and enjoy their honeymoon but on days like today when the air was crisp and drops of water trickled ever so slowly off the eves of the house and waited to drip down your collar, it was hard not to feel like something bad might happen.

Frustrated with herself for her gloomy thoughts she went to the bathroom and cleaned up. It didn’t take her long to get ready, the most time consuming thing was her hair and that became old hat when you had vampiric speed helping you along. Today she’d wrapped the braids around her crown and used ribbon as an accent. It was old world styled but it kept her hair out of her eyes and would transition into an evening look with just a few well placed jeweled hair pins. She wore a pair of black slacks with a set of high heeled boots she’d thought looked cute the last time she’d gone shopping. A hot pink blouse that showed off her coloration hugged her curves while remaining modest for the times. Completing the outfit was a set of rose earrings. Surveying herself she added a hint of her signature scent of rose oil and then made her way to the living room so she could curl up with a good book.

She’d be here for a few days at least making sure that the property was maintained and kept up and she hoped that Trenton might visit in that time. It would be nice to be in this home as husband and wife. Doing those things that made a house a home and just enjoying each others company. It was mushy and romantic but she loved it and cherished every moment knowing that it might be her last.

user posted image

Tagged: Damon
Words: 558
Outfit: HERE
Notes: First Damon and Mari Thread!
Credits: Music of the Night Lyrics by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Made by Merry

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Avatar by Jax Signature and post count badge by Lilith
PMEmailWebsite
^
Damon Salvatore
 Posted: Aug 16, 2016 | 3:52 pm

player: Jamey
24 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 10

He didn’t think he would return home so quickly, in fact he meant not to but there was something that just couldn’t keep him away so here he was back in the old familiar places, one being his old room which had not been touched since he had left. Elena’s clothing sitting on a chair, the room still smelling of her. Her hairbrush on his bathroom counter, her clothing in the closet. He grabbed it all and promptly threw it in front of his brothers door after all Elena was his girl now. Though he missed what they had he should have known better, reentering his room he saw pictures of them, pictures of his brother and he was hating the space that was his which had now been haunted by ghosts of loves past. He flopped on his bed looking up at the wooden ceilings above, the trim perfect just like he had designed all those years ago when he came back once to find that his family home had been destroyed and reduced to nothing but a fond memory of days past.

What he wouldn’t give for the old simple days,where the only thing he had to worry about was dear old dad yelling at them. Or signing up to go and fight for the honor of the south, for their way of life which he never agreed with in the first place, he believed every one should have their own path and no one else should be able to dictate how a person lives their life. But it was the custom at the time and such talk would have had him either arrested or killed in those days. So he did what he felt was needed at the time. He had to survive in that world it wasn’t as hard to kill him as it was now. If his father had even an inkling of those thoughts from his son he would have no doubt beat him to a pulp over it.

Shaking his head, getting rid of the memories of the past that wouldn’t do him any good now. Taking a deep breath in, he sat up on the edge of the bed and walked over to his dresser where a fresh bottle of bourbon was perched upon the top. Taking two glasses and the bottle in hand he decided that he needed to go somewhere else for a while and get his mind the proper mindset to be able to deal with the sight of Stefan and Elena in his home once more playing house. He hoped that for his sake they would at least have the decency not to rub their forever love in his face. He hated that things had been reduced to this once more, and what he hated the most about it was that it was his doing. Upon arriving at his new destination, he knocked on the door. ”Mari!!! Open up it’s Damon your friendly neighborhood badass with a very large bottle of bourbon”
PM
^
Marina Moore
 Posted: Sep 4, 2016 | 2:43 pm

665 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

user posted image

She was surprised to hear Damon’s voice. He generally didn’t visit with her. She got to the door and opened the big oak door with its brass ornate handle. She was very confused as to what would bring him here. “Welcome, Damon. Come in.” she said warmly as she stood aside to let him in. Once he was inside she closed the door and moved forward with old world elegance. Exhaling softly she went and grabbed some bourbon tumblers for the drink that Damon brought with him.

Gesturing she moved him into the living room. The richly appointed room was welcoming and the burnished cherry wood furniture gleamed in the sunlight. Roses in gleaming crystal vases sparkled in the light from the windows on small circular tables in between chairs. Mari had made sure that the furniture matched the home. The old world elegance that she and Trent preferred was showcased here.

She sat down on comfortable couch; the elegant piece big enough to seat the two of them with plenty of space. “What brings you here?” She asked, relaxing against the couch, her hands resting on her knee, her wedding ring and engagement ring duo gleamed in the light throwing off rainbows here and there as she sat across from the dark haired Salvatore. “Normally you don’t choose me to be your partner when you go on a bender.” She said with a self-depreciating smile. She was determined not to over indulge lest she do something stupid.

Watching him quietly she tried to gage his mood from under her dark lashes, “I’d heard you’d moved to New Orleans.” She added, “I usually live there, I’m just checking up on the place.” Like any vampire she and Trenton had collected a number of expensive things through the years. Not to mention the basement her father had used that. Last thing she needed was for the locals to think she was going to hurt them.

The grandfather clock ticked slowly, a calm counterpoint to the potentially intense conversation. “You’ve missed a lot in your absence.” She said with a shy smile as she wiggled her fingers and indicated her ring, “I didn’t know where to send the invitation. It would have been great to see you there.” She admitted as she thought about how somber Stefan was. She somehow thought that Damon would have enjoyed himself more than his brother had. If nothing else Damon probably would have gotten on better with Trenton.

Moving forward slightly she took the bottle Damon had brought and poured herself a drink, “Did you want anything else with this? I ordered some Chinese food a little bit ago. There should be plenty to share.” She offered cheerfully. It was easier to order food than to try cooking when she was just doing home maintenance. It made leaving easier when she needed to. She really wasn’t sure what brought Damon here. She’d never seen him just randomly come by with no purpose. “How are things going in town? I’ve not been here in a bit.” She offered softly. Moving gracefully she turned on the radio for background music. The soft music good background to help keep those awkward silences at bay.

user posted image

Tagged: Damon
Words: 531
Notes: I love this.
Credit: Cry Little Sister by Gerard McMahon. Made by Merry

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Damon Salvatore
 Posted: Apr 17, 2018 | 5:42 pm

player: Jamey
24 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 10

When she opened the door, he gave her his signature smirk and strolled on in after all he was invited. He could have burst through the door, he had been invited years ago but he was a gentlemen.When he wanted to be that is.Right now he wasn't sure how he was going to handle Marina's unsettling optimism. She was older than him yes, but he knew how crappy the world really was. She was in her matrimonial bubble, well he was about to burst the damn thing wide open.

She asked what brought him here, to which he opened out his arms as he drank from the bottle."Why are any of us here? Me, now i'm here to drink and not be at my house so yeah here i am your little sarcastic ray of sunshine has landed"He then plopped onto the couch and noticed her new ring set, nice. Then she proceeded to ask him when he moved to New Orleans."Felt like the right move, then I got bored why are you back I thought that was your stomping grounds" More of a statement than an actual question, he really didn't care. Well he did, but he was more concerned about wallowing in his own self pity with a drinking buddy.

"Marina.. not that i don't love our little chit chats, but I'm not in the mood today so do you wanna drink or not?" She got up to turn on some music,"I know you and Stefan are closer but I want to get to know you, why not? I have nothing better to do".He got up off of the couch and took another swif of his booze before going to stand beside her, his baby blues looking into hers."You're one of those loyal married women aren't you? Something tells me I can't wallow in self pity in your bed so..drink?". offering her the bottle.If she wasn't interested he would go back to the bar, he just didn't want to. He was hoping on going back to his usual pattern of self loathing and losing himself in countless women.. one way to get over a girl right?

Marina Moore | NOTES GO HERE.
PM
^
Marina Moore
 Posted: Apr 26, 2018 | 5:52 pm

665 posts

Group Icon

Great, a drunk Damon. Just what she needed. Inwardly she sighed. She could understand why but still, Damon was moody at the best of times and impulsive all the time. She’d have to navigate this properly. “Well get comfortable and let me break out the tumblers.” She said simply as she looked over at him and moved to the bar. Thankfully, it was stocked from the last time they’d had a party and the glasses had been stored so they were clean. Carrying them over, she placed one in front of him on a coaster and grinned, “Never drink alone I say.”

“It is but I still check in here to make sure no one is messing up the place. Given how things tend to happen here it seems like a safe thing to do.” The teenagers here were likely to try and break in on a dare and she didn’t want anything happening to her home. It was bad enough she had to navigate the difficulties of New Orleans without coming home to a trashed mansion. She paid security well to look after the place and had wards in place of course but people died here like the place had the plague. This town seemed like it was cursed almost. Everything slithered its way here eventually, look at how her father had made a beeline here after all.

“Ok. So we’ll talk. What do you want to know? My life is kind of dull.” She pushed her glass towards him and relaxed back to let him wind himself down.

His suggestion that they hook up was met wish a blush, “Drinking sounds good. Here’s my glass.” She did not want to hurt his feelings by outright rejecting him, distraction was the better part of valor. She could drink a metric fuck ton before it even affected her (benefits of having an alcoholics genetics meant it took a long time for her to get buzzed much less anything else). She never got amorous. Blunt and humor filled yes, but never amorous. It was good to have the line drawn. Everything neatly explained and no mixed signals.

Damon Salvatore

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Residences | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll