Not a Push Over, Marcel
Willow Rosenberg
 Posted: Mar 7, 2018 | 11:10 pm

Witch
player: Ren
36 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 1

This whole situation couldn't have been more potentially perfect if Willow had planned it all out herself. Okay, all parts of it weren't perfect, obviously the part where there was a very pregnant werewolf who'd been cursed out the wazoo, that was nothing that Willow would have wished on anyone. But that was why she was walking down the street of the French Quarter of New Orleans right now. Help the werewolf and her hybrid and in turn she'd get an extra set of hands pulling her best friend and her best friend's former girl friend right out of hell where they'd been stuck for months.

Cake Walk.

What exactly was a cake walk? Willow had always heard the expression and she knew that it was an actual thing but she'd never seen nor been a part of one. Mentally she made a note to look it up later when she wasn't all mission-having.

In truth the random thought train was a nice reprieve because after everything she'd heard about the state of the supernatural community here in New Orleans, the little witch was actually a little nervous about being here by herself with the allies she'd just made. But it wasn't as if she had it plastered on a sign around her neck. As far as anyone who wasn't a witch cared, she was likely some hippie tourist ready to get in touch with her inner goddess or whatever. To anyone who wasn't a witch, well this place was one of the magical Mecca's so it wasn't as if they could ban non-New Orleans witches from coming here on vacation. At least they could freaking try.

Thankfully, once again she'd hit a large city where most people didn't do more than blink at her long dress with bodice laced over it, she hadn't stopped moving long enough to change and as of yet, Willow didn't really feel like it. It was comfortable and the outfit made her actually feel closer to Tara, she understood why her lover had worn outfits like these often. The pain still felt fresh even though it wasn't, but at least she could feel that lump in her throat without going a little dark around the roots.

Still, she had werewolf pups to save and several hundred year old wards to redo. While it seemed that the Mikaelson Mama had packed her own punch in her day, spells that were weaved for protection around this kind of area, they didn't always last unless you wove some kind of curse or blood magic or something with a little more permanence in it. For now, Willow was just going with a few oldie but goodies, but she planned to work the wards into the security system that was already in place around the house. With any luck, furthering the scope of the measures already in place (because no one decided that mixing Magick and Tech for some reason) it would supply a bit more punch.

That was what brought her to the Quarter, she needed supplies because she'd teleported here from Giles' with nearly nothing because that was how she'd arrived on his doorstep. There was going to be no ward building nor curse breaking without a least a few components. She could do spells without them, but Willow found that if she had the time (which she didn't currently have a lot of, but while the clock was ticking, time wasn't exactly getting away from them) it was better to use something symetic because it helped keep her grounded from shooting passed good witch and straight down the magic rabbit hole where Willow wasn't keen on going back to any time soon.

Marcel - *Primed for Confrontation*

**Templet by Kef**

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcel Gerard
 Posted: Mar 12, 2018 | 9:04 pm

player: Merry
133 posts

Group Icon

Awards: 3

Just what he needed, another witch in town. What was worse was that this was one of the most powerful witches in the world. How did Klaus, manage to get people like that to his side? It boggled Marcel’s mind. There had to be some reciprocity going on no one tolerated Klaus’ attitude for more than a minute once he was in a mood. It was galling. No one had come to him for information on any of the goings on in the Quarter. Everyone just assumed that Marcel had to be the bad guy.

It didn’t take his guys long to track down the red headed witch in the Quarter. She looked like a ren fair reject. He didn’t think anyone but hippies dressed like that but with all the new fantasy shows that were airing it was not surprising that there would be mideval fusion gowns making a comeback. Dismissing the thought as quickly as it came he resolved to speak to the witch. His reaction to Jane Anne had been way out of bounds but he’d been so pumped to show how much he had the Quarter under control to Klaus that he’d gotten caught up in the moment. He wasn’t even sure if Klaus was miffed at him for showing off or for doing something he might have done down the road.

That was neither here nor there. Still he approached the young woman with a smile, he wore his usual dark colored log sleeved shirt that was pushed up slightly to the elbows, black slacks and belt and black leather shoes. He wore a corded necklace and his posture was relaxed and calm. “Miss Rosenberg? I am Marcel Gerard and I’d like to welcome you to the French Quarter. I was wondering if you had a moment to spare to go for a cup of coffee? I’d heard you’d come into town and I’d like to speak to you if I may.” He knew Klaus rarely managed to be charming for more than an hour. Marcel could manage far more than that and even if this witch didn’t want to hear what he had to say at least he could say he tried the nice way first. He wasn’t keen on tossing his guys towards a witch that could probably incinerate them with a snap of her fingers.

No, calm was the best bet here. He’d not waste his friends on a futile fight. Klaus had made his show of strength at the party but so far things had been at a low boil for a bit now. With Rebekah having all but disappeared, as was her habit when the mood struck her, Marcel was alone in his quest to keep the Quarter under control. All he knew was that if Klaus took it over all hell would break lose. Old rivalries and feuds, old scores settled by blood, there wouldn’t be much of a Quarter left to him. Marcel had fought and died here. This town was just a passing amusement for Klaus. Once he saw the work involved he’d leave for redder pastures.

Willow Rosenberg

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Avatar, Sig and post count badge made by the lovely Lilith
PM
^
Willow Rosenberg
 Posted: Apr 11, 2018 | 10:49 pm

Witch
36 posts

Group Icon

Hearing her name being called while Willow did her best to look as inconspicuous as possible was not something that the little witch was expecting, especially from a voice that she was sure that she'd never heard before. Pausing and turning her head, green eyes took in the man standing before her, while she'd been tricked before, a vampire as old as he seemed wasn't going to be easy to mistake. Her green skirts fluttered around her boots as she fully turned to face him, needing to tilt her head up slightly in order to look him in the face.

Marcel.. she knew that name... wait.. that Marcel?

"It would seem that you don't waste any time, Mr. Gerard." Wow that was smooth, Willow was almost sorry that no one was currently around to hear her be so smooth. She'd been in the city proper for a whole hot ten minutes and already the other half of the vampiric hierarchy had sought her out. What had Klaus called him? Interloper? Betrayer? Usurper? All these were likely, especially given Klaus' tone of voice when he spoke about his childer, though Willow was curious how much was bias and how much of a monster Marcel really was. Klaus seemed to have a pretty short temper as it was and when he'd been alive as long as he had, you tended to hold some deep grudges. Not to discredit any bad blood between them, but she'd learned a long time ago that just because one vampire, especially if they were of the same bloodline, hated each other, that didn't mean that either one of them was a bad guy.

"I don't really have time to stop for coffee, but if you don't mind walking with me we can walk and talk if you'd like." She had two very dear friends trapped in a hell dimension, one Watcher who was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, crazy cult witches who were trying to sacrifice another special baby and her both angry and worried parents. Not to mention several hundred year old wards that needed to be stripped and redone. There was no stopping. Besides, if Marcel was upset that she was here and helping Klaus and Haley, she wasn't exactly going to let him guide her into a vampire run establishment where he could dispatch of her quietly. He'd have to work harder than that.

"I didn't think much of anyone knew that little ol' me was here in New Orleans, I wasn't even planning on being here myself until a little earlier today." Let him direct the questions, let him say he knew that she was meeting at the Mickaelson estate. Even if there wasn't really a lot of rules about magic, Willow wasn't going to breech Witch/Client confidentiality without a damn good reason. Especially not to someone who could potentially cause the little family harm. Pretty smiles usually came attached to liars. "Was there anything specific that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Marcel - Witch on a Mission

**Templet by Kef**

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcel Gerard
 Posted: May 15, 2018 | 12:17 am

133 posts

Group Icon

Thus far the conversation was going well. She hadn’t tried to set him on fire within two minutes of meeting him. He couldn’t say that for the coven that was in hiding here in the Quarter. He had Dee working on keeping them in check and so far, they seemed to be behaving themselves although given that Willow was here it was obvious that Klaus was bringing in the big guns to this fight. He’d even had his sister peek out and hit him up for conversation.

Truly, Klaus was pulling out all the stops and it was actually flattering to see him going to all the trouble and working on keeping his secrets. Chances are, Willow was firmly Team Klaus already but he at least had to ascertain how much she was on his side. If she wanted to murder Marcel she probably would have lead with an attack straight out the gate but clearly she was trying to figure out what kind of man he was “Sure. We can walk and talk if you wish.” He punctuated this with a slow saunter down the street with the redheaded badass witch. She knew her craft that much he knew, but she didn’t know how things were here. “I see no point in wasting time, Ms. Rosenberg. Life, even for a vampire is too short to spend it frivolously.” He said quietly.

“I always know who comes into town. You’re just a little more famous due to your friends and own impressive feats. Its my duty to know who is coming into my territory and protect it and the beings inside it. Something tells me that you don’t know the backstory of this place. I came here to see if you’d be willing to see my side of things. I can assure you they’re probably not as dire as Klaus paints them to be.” He put his hands in his pockets and kept walking casually down the street with her, making sure to keep to a human speed and not give her a too toothy grin and risk unnerving her. He was playing it strictly middle of the road. He was probably the closest to his natural personality than most people saw if truth be told. His instincts told him that the usual charm wasn’t going to impress a witch of Willow’s caliber. He exhaled softly the scent of the evening reminding him of older times when things were just as fraught as they were now. His early years had been just as tumultuous as the current times. He just had to draw on the lessons learned then and hope he could get through to the bookish witch beside him.

Willow Rosenberg

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Willow Rosenberg
 Posted: May 20, 2018 | 10:58 pm

Witch
36 posts

Group Icon

"That's actually nice to hear, I have a very low tolerance for maniacal vampiric bullshit at this point."

Ooo, apparently blunt Willow was coming out to play today, she was really taking point to help guilty Willow to make up for what she'd been doing, shirking off helping her friends and family. As she listened, she was pleased by the song and dance that he was putting on about being concerned about his city, time would tell if he was being honest, but for now it was at least a good point to start on. And later if it turned out that he was just trying to pull the wool over her eyes, it gave her a much deeper pit to pull from for retribution.

The idea that anyone knew her by reputation, which was starting to come into even more of a sharp focus, was a real eye opener and in truth it just made Willow want to try even harder to do good. Now, did the current agenda consist of helping to patch the centuries broken relationship between two powerful vampires?

Okay, maybe, but she was putting a pin in that for now because the faster that she was able to help Haley, the faster that she could get help pulling Buffy and Anya out of Hell. Because Willow was a meddler, but not so much that it pulled her from her current task. As it was the heels of her low boots made a very distinct click against the stone street as her eyes flashed over storefronts, looking for one that was going to have more than tourist-y tchotchkes, ones that were going to have real components, real power. She didn't want to have to do the super secret 'let me show you what I have in the back' thing, if there was anywhere that she could just buy what she needed, that would be for the best. It was moments like this Willow was nostalgic for the Magic Box, and in truth Sunnydale in general; it might have been a direct portal to Hell, but it was the direct portal to Hell that she'd grown up on.

"I don't know, Mr. Gerard, everything that I've been called here for seems pretty dire. No extra paint required." If Marcel didn't know what was going on with Klaus' family, Willow wasn't going to be the person to inform him. However if he was aware, then Willow felt a flash of annoyance shoot through her. How dare he assume that everything that Klaus did involved screwing Marcel over? The man had a life and a pretty obvious family. Pausing in front of a shop, Willow looked in through the windows and up at the sign. This one looked promising. Ideally this would be a one stop shop, but if she needed to move on for a couple items, well... she was hoping for a one stop shop.

"Before you tell me your side of things, can you please let me know if I'm going to be able to get my shopping done with you here considering your witch policy?"

Marcel - Willow currently has sassy pants on

**Templet by Kef**

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcel Gerard
 Posted: Jul 13, 2018 | 1:16 pm

133 posts

Group Icon

Marcel let the sniping go on and wash over him, he had no idea what she had going on but what he knew of her made her statement understandable, “Fair enough. I can understand why you of all people would feel that way.” And he did. Marcel was a vampire but even he got tired of the mental gymnastics that he had to do in order to counter his enemies and keep afloat. He’d learned from Klaus but right now he was battling him specifically and it was a frustrating. He knew his sire was just digging his oar in because he wanted to make a home for his family but he had no clue how things had changed.

“Would it help you to know I mean no harm to Haley or baby Mikaelson? I don’t even mean harm to Klaus if truth be told. I’m just trying to keep ahold of the city, so things don’t get out of hand. I know Klaus doesn’t get that, but it’s the truth. He’s going to be a father he should be focusing on that instead of dealing with supernatural politics.” Marcel had heard that Willow was not to be trifled with and he wasn’t going to try. There was just too much going on right now for him to want to try.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Of course. I’ll even turn my back and look the other way if it makes you more comfortable.” He would have said more but he didn’t want her to think he was angling to get her to give him info. He knew she was working with Klaus, but she was usually a rational being from what he’d heard. Maybe if he explained to her his reasons for doing what he did then things would smooth out. Willow had flayed people alive just using her magic. While Marcel could probably survive that he didn’t want to tangle with her all the same. He’d briefly heard Bonnie Bennett had been in town but she’d left town without a backward glance so he’d let it go.

Willow Rosenberg

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | French Quarter | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll