One of the new features in the mini profile is that we have a place where you can add your own YouTube video! It doesn't play automatically and is located under your avatar. We have called this feature "YouTube Video” and is an attribute that you, as a member, can change and manipulate yourself from the Control Panel. It is a chance to show everyone on the board something about your character, be is a favorite song of theirs, or a video song that you use to get into character. It is not a mandatory feature, but it sure is nice, doncha think?
We have, however, been getting some questions about how this new feature is used, so here we are to help you out! Follow the simple instructions below, and in no time your MP3 will be ready to be heard by the masses!
- 1.) At the top of this page, click “My Controls.” This will take you to your control panel. From there, click on “Edit Profile Info.” This will take you to a page where you can input a whole bunch of fun things about your character! One of these text input areas will be called “YouTube Video.”
- 2.)Go to YouTube and search for the video you want to use for your profile. For this tutorial i'm using; Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. Type the name and the artist you are looking for in the search bar, and press enter.
- 3.) When you arrive at the search page, it has a few options for videos. Click on the one you want to use. For the sake of this tutorial, we are using the video found HERE. At the top of the page, you are going to be referring to the address bar. You should see the address for the video itself. For our tutorial, it looks like this:
- 4.) See that last part at the end of the address? After the "v=" part? That is what you are looking for. For our tutorial, it looks like this:
- 5.) Copy and paste that code and put it into the YouTube Video box on your control panel, and save your changes.
And done! That wasn’t so hard, now was it? Of course, you might run into difficulties. If you need help with anything, just drop an admin a PM, and we will be ready to help you out! Now lets make some music!