shoutbox

Add Reply
New Poll

Returning to the Fold, Watchers Council, London
Colin Shaw
 Posted: Apr 26, 2018 | 9:59 pm

player:
0 posts

There really was no place like London. The man had sighed as he stepped off the tube into the heart of the city. It had been entirely too long since he'd been home to the isles. He'd nearly forgotten what it felt like to be there, to have that taste in the air be something more than a memory. He'd started his trip with a few, innocuous visits to haunts of old, but at no point did Colin forget why he was back in the first place.

It didn't take a genius to discover the site of the New Watchers Council headquarters, the symbology was all the same, so clearly this wasn't some young upstart like himself that was making the attempt. There was a bit of curiosity at first about who could be in charge, who could have survived the culling? Spending a day just watching the place, calling on that tried and true Watcher skill of observing without being seen, there was a decided lack of activity at the place. Colin was almost convinced it was abandoned.

That evening, he hadn't concerned himself with worrying about what might be waiting for him inside. Even if he'd been in the wind for years, he was still a Watcher. If any of his old brethren still lived and thrived, they might be able to help him. Sadly, that's all that Colin had left. He needed help with something, and only the Watchers Council had the answer. It was purely a feeling, something in him driving him, even though he couldn't for the life of him remember why.

Walking up to the large doors, Colin had decided to look the part, just in case any were to question. Having to find a suit hadn't been easy, nor inexpensive, but it had been imperative, just in case. The man had no clue what or more importantly who he would find behind all of this, but he was at least not going to walk in looking anything less than what was expected while in the Council's house. Standing there looking at the handle, Colin was just brazen enough to try it, not expecting it to be unlocked, and not finding it as such anyway.

With a shrug of a shoulder and a mumbled, "Worth a shot," Colin reached into his inner jacket pocket and pulled out one of the few tools he probably relied entirely too much on. A scuffed and dented silver pocket watch, nothing seemingly special or fancy my any means, was produced. Pressing it to the center of the door in front of him, the man flipped open the clasp on the cover and gave the key a couple of turns.

The face of the watch began to glow a dim blue as the hands began to spin in opposing directions. This continued for a few moments, the hands crossing one another, but never stopping. Colin's brow drew together as he stared at the watch and murmured, "What's taking you so long?" as if the magical instrument would somehow answer him. Finally, with a relieved sigh from the man, both hands came to a sudden halt with a click on the twelve. "Thank you," the man said as he closed the cover and quickly tucked the pocket watch back into his jacket.

Stepping through the door with confidence, Colin's face turned slightly with a clear look of approval for the choice of decor. It certainly wasn't the place of old, but it was certainly not without that particular feel either. Loitering around the foyer, the man's eyes studied every piece in sight. His feet carried him in soft steps as he studied this and that. Whoever it was that had done all of this certainly had been busy. Especially when it was considered how much had been lost with the original Council.

Colin always knew that he wouldn't be able to be inside long before he was approached. The man had just casually infiltrated one of the most secure buildings in all of London. Even with the tricks up his sleeve, he'd known all along that there were just some locks you could crack, so here he was, back turned towards who approached, listening to their footsteps as they approached. Not looking over his shoulder, Colin called back, "I like the new place better than the old. Seems less dusty…"

Faith Lehane
^
Faith Lehane
 Posted: Apr 27, 2018 | 10:50 pm

Slayer
player: Faith
10 posts

Group Icon

Awards: None

It was not unusual for Faith to be spending time at the new Watchers headquarters in London these days. What with the skeleton crew of watchers that they had now the place was relatively empty a lot of the time. With most of the current crew of watchers being scattered to the four winds, still trying to make contact with all the activated Slayers, Faith had the run of the place. Which she liked. A lot.

London was a thriving metropolis with a large very diverse population. It was easy to blend in even when you weren't the type that blended in at all. As in since most of her extracurricular activities being done at night whether they were slaying vampires or cutting loose in a club, didn't call attention to her. At least undo attention. Any attention she garnered was of her own making, Faith just being Faith.

It was a lot better than Cleveland that was for sure. Whoever wanted to be stuck in Cleveland, whether there was a Hellmouth or not it just wasn't that great of a city. Though they did have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, she had to give them that. Still, it wasn't enough to keep you going long term, once you've seen it, you've seen it.

Sunnydale had been even more boring than Cleveland back in the day. It seemed so long since she had been there. It was so much suburbia and that was never Faith's style. The only place outside of her hometown of Boston that had so far held a candle to London had been L.A. and even that wasn't really the same as the pulse of London. And of course, her travels were still fairly limited.

For now, London was home and she was roaming the halls of the new Watchers Council with earbuds in her ears as she headed downstairs to the main floor to get to the kitchen. The dark-haired Slayer was singing along to the tune she was listening to when something peaked her attention and she stopped. Standing still and silent Faith pulled the buds out of her ears, letting them fall to hang down from her shoulders. Her senses on alert at the sound of the front door opening.

Of course, it wasn't completely unusual for someone to come through the front door, but Faith knew that at the moment everyone was either away doing something or was already accounted for on the premises. They hadn't been made aware of any new arrival.

Slowly Faith made her way to the entryway. Stopping again when she got to the archway opening and she could see the man who had made his way inside. Well, she knew he wasn't a vampire and probably not some other nefarious being either. The place was warded and protected from those sorts of things making unwanted entry. Besides, he looked like just a man. No, scratch that, he looked like a watcher.

When he called out to her, the accent as much as his actual words seemed to cinch it for her. The suit, the way he spoke, how he had gotten into the building so easily... it made sense, but he was no watcher she had ever seen before. So, who exactly was he really?

Moving in closer to him, she came around to face him. The Slayer kept herself at the ready but she relaxed a little as she wasn't picking up any danger sense from him at all. "Yeah, well it's new... hence less dust. Trust me it's still is pretty stuffy when it wants to be. Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?"

Colin Shaw

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Colin Shaw
 Posted: Apr 28, 2018 | 6:13 pm

player:
0 posts

There wasn't much worry in the man. Not only was he standing somewhere that would surely be accepting of him, but any inside would probably be allies instead of enemies. The figure, whoever it may be, that came up behind him had a certain lightness, a casual nature to their step that relaxed the man further. But as the brunette came around, forcing Colin to turn away from the display he'd been studying, the Watcher smirked as he saw who it was. "Faith Lehane…" the man said, drawing out the Slayer's name, showing her he already knew exactly who the woman was. The smirk turned into a bit of a grin as he turned away and directed his attention to another of the pieces of art that adorned the welcoming hall. "I must say I'm a little surprised you're still alive after these few years. You weren't know for being the most cautious Slayer."Colin's apparent disregard for the woman was anything but. Having read all of the stories, heard the history of the particular Slayer off a few steps from him, he was curious to see how exactly she would react to such a person infiltrating such a place, especially since the man was sure his name was listed on some placard somewhere as one of the many Watchers around the world who'd lost their lives at the hands of the First. But that only caused him to muse a question in his mind, one that really seemed fitting in the moment as the pieces started to fall together. While he wasn't sure if it could be considered odd that Faith was here in London, Colon was sure she wasn't the one behind all of this. This had been a particularly grand undertaking, and for all he knew about the woman, she didn't seem the type to care about such things as proper Watchers headquarters. Turning to square himself to the watchful Slayer, Colin looked her over a moment before grunting questioningly, "So, of all people, why are you here, Miss Lehane? And who, may I ask, is responsible for all of this?" The man's eyes panned away to glance about the room before settling on the woman again.Faith Lehane
^
Faith Lehane
 Posted: Apr 28, 2018 | 10:41 pm

Slayer
10 posts

Group Icon

When the man said her name, there was no twitch of surprise whatsoever. Of course, her original assessment of him being a watcher still could have been wrong, but she highly doubted it. And the fact that she was pegging him as such made her quite aware that he would know exactly who she was. So, she stood there taking him in, doing her own assessing of the man.

While the man spoke and they faced each other, Faith took a couple more purposeful steps forward to plant herself directly in front of him. As she moved she unwound the earbuds from her neck and stuffed them into the pocket of her leather jacket where her phone was stashed.

Folding her arms across her chest she stared at him, not missing that he hadn't actually answered her question and instead posed another couple of his own. She let a moment or two of silence fall between them as her frown deepened and she wondered why the man was not forthcoming. Since he obviously knew who she was and where they were standing, why beat around the bush about his identity?

"Look, you want to know what's going on here? Why don't you just tell me who you are, why you're here and we can from there." The brunette took another step forward so she was nearly toe to toe with the man. Her features set in menacing sneer now.

Unfolding her arms she reached out as if she might grab the lapel of his suit. Instead, she kept her palm open and made to flick an imaginary speck of lint off of the fabric. "I mean, you know who I am. Like you said, I'm not very cautious or very patient for that matter. I'm pretty sure you also know I can throw you out on your ass. So, tell me who you are and we can have a nice... civilized... conversation."

The sneer turned into a smile that was half grin and half smirk that may have looked like she was being friendly but her eyes would tell the man that she was not amused.

Colin Shaw

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Colin Shaw
 Posted: May 1, 2018 | 2:28 am

player:
0 posts

Colin found himself mildly amused by the clear posturing by the woman. His tone had been light, almost flippant, and yet she was slowly approaching, hardening her features and doing her best to look not pleased with this whole situation. Faith Lehane acting menacing was about as expected as rain in London. By the time she was ready to brave an answer, the Scot had quite the smirk on his face. That smirk was certainly well earned as the frustration with his evasive speech was easy to catch in the woman's tone. Colin's gaze stared down the woman as she stepped up to him, clearly wanting to be sure that her presence was felt. The man's hands hung at his sides, showing not one bit of concern for his safety, even as she threatened him in terms that needed no eloquence. Internally Colin was wondering just how capable this particular Slayer was, especially since he'd never been in the presence of one. Letting a silence fall between them, Colin was clearly appraising the woman before he stepped off to her side and paced a few steps beyond her, turning his back to her once again. The man's eyes turned slightly to take in a particular painting on the wall as he huffed a chuckle and said, "I'm not sure if you and 'civilized' are two concepts that go together, Miss Lehane" Another moment was given, Colin almost expecting some kind of rebuttal to the statement that was backed by a history of nefarious behavior by the brunette Slayer."...But if you must know to progress this conversation forward," turning around on his heel to face her, Colin slipped a hand into the pocket of his suit pants and looked casually on the woman, "Colin Shaw. I'm sure, besides my name, you can piece together why I'm here and how I got in. As I'm sure you won't know me by name, why don't you give whoever is in charge of this a call and ask them." The man turned away on his heel, casting his eyes back over towards the painting he'd been previously admiring. "If not them, I'm sure, if any of the old Council's journals remain, you can find me in there." Faith Lehane
^
Faith Lehane
 Posted: May 9, 2018 | 3:13 am

Slayer
10 posts

Group Icon

When the man stepped away from her, Faith pivoted in place to keep her eyes on him as he moved. She let out a bemused snort along with a muttered, "whatever," at his comment regarding whether she was civilized or not. In the end, she got what she wanted when he introduced himself to her. That's all that mattered to her really, the rest of what he offered up was just icing on the cake.

"See, that wasn't so hard now was it?" Faith retorted, the question obviously rhetorical. Something as simple as the man giving her his name was all Faith had needed to change her demeanor. The woman shifted both her stance and her attitude to a more relaxed state.

It was clear when she took the few steps over to lean against the edge of a table that she was no longer trying to intimidate the man. "Nah, don't need to call anyone. I already had you pegged as a watcher." Faith gave a little shrug as if her needing any further information about the man wasn't that important. "Besides, I guess you could say I'm in charge here for now. I mean, there's another watcher or two around sure, but most everyone is out looking for new Slayers."

Faith studied the man more intently for a moment. Cataloging what she had learned so far from him. It was clear that he knew the former watchers council headquarters was gone or he wouldn't have shown up here. But the fact that she didn't know who he was meant he hadn't been around for quite some time. Which lead her to wonder a few things.

"All right, Colin Shaw... I'm thinking that you know the old place was destroyed..." The brunette made a noise and wiggled her fingers in the air to signify an explosion before she continued on. "...and most of the watchers along with it. Giles is the one that has started to put things back together here. I'm taking a guess though that you've been out of the loop awhile. Do you know about Sunnydale or the change in the Slayer line?" Faith raised an eyebrow as she watched the man, curious as to what his reaction would be. Was any of this going to be news to him or did he already know?

Colin Shaw

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Colin Shaw
 Posted: May 11, 2018 | 2:57 pm

player:
0 posts

It was a good thing the man had had his back turned towards the woman, or she may have seen the amused grin on his face. It was nice to see that even after all of these years, the stories of the infamous Faith Lehane stayed true. The woman was cocky as ever. That was a good sign, though. It meant the world had yet to succumb to the darkness that seemed to always be assaulting it. Colin couldn't help the slight head tilt that came with her admission that she was in charge in this place. The man almost turned to look at her, understandably not taking her words at face value. Still, he held strong, trying hi best to not let the information flood his thoughts and contemplate what it was she really meant. Then there was a quiet, one that had the Watcher turning to face the Slayer. It was clear the two were sizing each other up, not quite sure of what to make of the other. Faith was surely not speaking in a way that Colin would have expected, but the way she was carrying herself, standing there looking quite comfortable in this place, told the man that what she was saying must be true in some sense. But then the real bomb dropped. Colin offered only a curt nod of his head to her assumption he knew the fate of the old Watchers Council and their Headquarters. There was a bit of surprise in his eyes at the mention of Rupert's name. Not a man he'd ever met, but certainly one he'd heard of. Being the Watcher to the Slayer was no small thing, Especially considering the unexpected challenges that came with Buffy Summers. Letting the news of the council roll of him like a breeze, Colin's attention was quickly drawn to the curious question Faith had presented him. While the man already knew of the phenomenon that had happened with Summers that had lead to the eventual activation of Faith, what she was asking had the Watcher wondering what exactly she meant. Pausing for a moment as he stared into her eyes, studying them for some clue to the news she spoke of, Colin took a step forward, reigning in his suspicion to retain that confident, stoic demeanor. "What don't you fill me in since I imagine you had much to do with it, Miss Lehane." It was the most she was going to get out of him. Of course Colin had no clue what she was speaking of, but the last thing he was going to do was seem daft in the face of a Slayer.Faith Lehane
^
Faith Lehane
 Posted: May 12, 2018 | 6:18 am

Slayer
10 posts

Group Icon

Faith's eyes didn't falter when he made eye contact and the man's gaze locked onto hers for a long moment. The expression on his face didn't give away much nor did the tone of this voice as he kept everything thing calm and steady. She could feel it though, there was something there that told her he was curious.

Maybe it was because she had a lot of experience dealing with these British Watchers and their stoic facades and their proper manners. The way he called her Miss Lehane set her teeth on edge and damn near made her visibly shudder, though she resisted it. The practice seemed so unnecessarily formal but it was a good wall for them to use to hide behind. So, while she wasn't sure exactly what he was thinking, she knew the wheels in his head were turning.

Letting out a sigh Faith pushed away from the edge of the table, giving another shrug of her shoulders as she stood. "Yeah, sure. I did my thing, kicked some serious ass but this shit was bigger than just me. Bigger than anything any of us had ever seen before." As she spoke Faith tilted her head toward another room off to the side of the entry way and gestured with a hand for the watcher to follow her.

"Why don't we go and have a seat. I bet you could use a drink too. I sure as hell could." Faith moved into the next room and headed straight toward a decent sized bar that took up a good chunk of one of the walls in the room. Before saying anything further the Slayer grabbed a bottle of scotch and a pair of glasses. She poured some amber liquid into each of the glasses and slid one over, offering it to Colin.

Picking up the second glass, Faith knocked back a healthy swallow of the liquor and rolled her head around on her neck to loosen up the tight muscles. "So, you really haven't heard about good old Sunnydale? Like how about three years ago we blew the fucking place to bits? Well, really it was more like the fucking Hellmouth imploded on itself, but it was still a sight to see."

It had been pretty spectacular to see that giant crater that was left when they were done. Faith let a slow grin spread across her face. "A lot of shit went down, we got beat to hell in the process but we won. That's not even the best part though or well, I guess it depends on your perspective. I mean, saving the fucking world is a pretty big deal but what Willow did to the Slayer line... Pausing, Faith took another drink from her glass then set it back down on the counter.

"It was some powerful mojo that Red worked using the Scythe. Turned all the potentials we had into full-fledged slayers and fuck if we didn't need them against all those ubervamps. We kicked ass though and left nothing but a big hole in the ground when we were through."

Faith slid her eyes over to look at Colin to see his reaction. There was a mischievous smirk on her lips. "Sorry, I guess that's the down and dirty short version. Might be easier if you ask me about what you want to know. There's a lot that goes into wiping a city off the face of the planet." Faith said with a wry chuckle as she took another sip of her scotch.

Colin Shaw

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Colin Shaw
 Posted: May 14, 2018 | 4:53 pm

player:
0 posts

Colin found it quite interesting, and a bit amusing, how nonchalantly Faith described her part in the calamity that had claimed the Watchers Council, as well as countless other lives. But, what was one apocalypse compared to another? Hadn't Giles claimed some "apocalypse" on more than one occasion. And that didn't even take into account the seemingly countless "End of World" disasters he'd heard tales of surrounding some duo known simply as "The Winchesters".Faith's offer of a drink was surely a welcome one as his mind began to spin with possibility, but Colin knew it better to refrain. Following the woman in a pace or two behind, the Scot stood until the American had settled in. Letting the glass sit in front of him, the man had been doing fairly well with keeping his occasional alcoholism in check. Especially in this moment, Colin was sure that whatever Faith had to tell him, apparently requiring a drink, was certainly going to be a tale. Having taken a seat and given the woman his full attention, the Watcher couldn't help but lean in a bit as the Slayer laid it out in fairly loose terms. He was sure there was a much better version that painted a better picture, but for the most part he'd gotten it. If it all meant there was one less Hellmouth in the world, than he was all for it. Hell, Colin had even given his untouched glass a glance to perhaps raise in celebration before thinking better of it. As proud as the woman seemed with herself over the whole thing, Colin was a little more focused on looking forward. That, and he knew that if anyone would have a true account of all that had happened, it would be the only person mentioned so far that he could even call a Watcher besides himself. Pushing himself up to standing, Colin slid the glass back down the bar to the woman, frowning at her slightly as his appearance became more focused, "First, how about you show me to where the Diaries are kept here. I'm sure Rupert, since he is the one apparently behind all of this, would have them somewhere here, being the true home of the Council after all." The man had stepped away a step or two towards the door as he spoke, clearly not wanting to bother with time wasted over a drink. But there was a sudden pause as he stood in the doorway. Shoulders turned towards her, Colin's gaze cast away from Faith a moment, falling to the floor before coming back up with a new look of curiosity in them, "And secondly, where is Giles? I'm a little surprised that he's not here, as you say you are the one in charge. I feel it necessary to confer with a fellow Watcher, given how very few of us there must be left." Faith Lehane
^
Faith Lehane
 Posted: May 14, 2018 | 7:53 pm

Slayer
10 posts

Group Icon

The man had sat quietly, focusing his attention on her while Faith gave him the Reader's Digest version of events. She noticed he didn't touch the drink she had put in front of him, though his eyes seemed to give it a look a time or two.

There was no commentary on what she had told him, no questions were immediately forthcoming. Instead he stood up, pushing the drink back in her direction and announced he wanted to see the Watchers Diaries were kept.

Faith frowned as the man started to step away. She finished the last of the scotch in her drink then lifted the second glass and downed that too. As she set the glass back down on the bar, the man had paused, turned and suddenly asked where Giles was. A question that only surprised her by the fact that it hadn't come sooner.

With a bit of grumbling and a grunt, Faith got to her feet and headed to the door herself. Giving the man a look as she pushed her way past him as he stood in the doorway. "If you wanna see the diaries you're gonna have to follow me." The dark-haired Slayer kept walking as she talked, confidence in her strides as she moved like she knew exactly what she was doing and where she was going.

"As far as Giles," she called over her shoulder, still moving with a purpose back through the entryway and then down another hall. "...he's out on business. I'm the best you're going to get as I'm in charge of the Slayer Organization. If you got a problem with that." Faith stopped in front of an arched entryway that leads into a room that looked like a library of some kind though it was clear the actual number of books in the room were fairly limited. Obviously, none of the old tomes were kept here at all. What was more prominent were the computer workstations set up throughout the room.

"If you've got a problem dealing with me, then I think you know where the door is and don't let it hit you on the ass on the way out... Otherwise, I can set you up with an access code for now and you can look up what you need. Willow insisted on getting everything scanned into some database or something, not really my thing but I know enough to get by."

Leaving it up to him what his next move would be, Faith went into the room and sat down at one of the computers. She quickly typed in her own information and took a few moment to run Colin's name through the system. When it popped up that he was in fact a watcher, she briefly scanned the info available, looking to make sure he hadn't been cast out for being evil or something and then she turned her attention back to the man.

"Have a seat if you've decided to stay." Faith clicked the mouse around and typed in a few more things. It only took a couple moments for her to set up his login information. For the time being she gave him limited access, knowing he wanted the diaries she made sure he could look at those. If he needed more, she'd have to look it up for him or make a decision on if it was something she could allow. At some point she was going to have to give Giles a call but, that would be something for later.

"And just so you know... We only have like five official watchers right now, that's including Giles. The other four are all new to the Watcher gig but trust me, they have real-world experience under their belt and I trust every last one of them to do their job. Well, except for maybe Andrew, he's a little annoying but, he still gets the job done."

Faith let out a sigh and turned her full attention to Colin. Giving her head a quick shake, rolling her shoulders and making an effort to tamp down her attitude a little. "Look, I know I ain't no Watcher and I'm well aware of my reputation. Things have changed a lot in the last couple years. I still ain't Mother Teresa or anything but, I'm doing the best I can here, I owe Giles that much. I'll do what I can to help you get what you need, answer your questions. You won't be able to talk to Giles for awhile, but I can get in touch with him when I feel it's needed. You going to be able to work with that?"

Colin Shaw

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | World Showcase | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll